Montreal is often called the city of festivals, especially in the summer. There is something for everyone – art, dance, innovation, fashion, comedy, music and more. Start planning your trip to our fantastic city now!
The Most Popular Montreal Events & Festivals in the Summer
• Festival TransAmériques (FTA) – This cultural event delights the public with dance and theatre performances. Artists of all generations create a variety daring and imaginative shows. Hotel ZERO1 is honored to be a main partner in the 2018 festival!
• Osheaga – Set in picturesque Parc Jean-Drapeau on Ile Ste-Hélène across from Montréal’s Old Port, this three-day music & arts festival is not to be missed. Listen to outstanding musical performances from artists such as Florence + The Machine, Arctic Monkeys, Travis Scott and so many more while viewing art installations from both renowned and emerging artists and sampling from a variety of delicious local food vendors.
• Grand Prix – People from all over the world gather in Montreal for 72 hours of racing excitement! Though the race is the main attraction, you will find local restaurants, shops and nightclubs get revved up for the Grand Prix.
• Festival International de Jazz de Montréal – The Guinness Book of World Records has declared the Montreal Jazz Fest as the largest jazz festival in the world! For 10 days, our fair city becomes the center of jazz. Experience the passion as thousands of musicians come together in 150+ concerts right here in downtown Montreal.
• Tour de Nuit and Tour de l’Île – On Friday night, cyclists of all ages illuminate the city streets with lights on their bikes and parade through the city. On Sunday, thousands of cyclists again fill the car-free streets for this biking classic. Whether night or day, it’s an incredible sight!
• Just for Laughs Comedy Festival – Laugh yourself silly at the world’s largest comedy festival! Top comedians perform throughout the city. Get tickets now to ensure you see your favorites!
• Food Trucks Festival – With up to 50 trucks participating, you will never run out of interesting new foods to try. The Food Truck Fest runs from May to October on the first Friday of each month near Montreal’s Olympic Stadium.
• Mutek – For five days at the end of summer, discover the latest in electronic music and digital art. Live music and audiovisual performances from international talent as well as the community-minded approach of the festival make this the one not to miss for audiophiles.
• Montreal Folk Festival sur le Canal – Unwind as folk music pioneers bring five days of folk, roots and bluegrass music to Montreal. This kid-friendly event features a family area with crafts & games, multiple food vendor options and both indoor & outdoor concerts.
• Fantasia International Film Festival – This festival is a destination among the film industry and draws a crowd of over one hundred thousand people to celebrate international films of many genres and other imaginative films rarely seen in North America.
• International Fireworks Festival – Every summer Saturday night (and the occasional Wednesday) for eight weeks, you can watch fireworks pop from anywhere in the city! Exceptional pyrotechnic artists from around the world showcase their talents to the songs of ABBA and the James Bond series of movies. This festival is located at LaRonde, a Six Flags theme park so catch a ride on one of the many roller coasters during the day.
This is just a short list of the variety of festivals and events during summer in Montreal! Hotel ZERO1’s convenient downtown location makes it easy to explore and take advantage of all the city has to offer.
*All images courtesy of their respective festivals.